Putting Cancer Into Remission with Nutrition | Jen Nolan BS, MS, ONC
July 18, 2023
Nutrition is the most powerful weapon when it comes to both fighting as well as preventing cancer. Join me as I speak with Jen Nolan, owner and lead oncology consultant at Remission Nutrition, to learn about the importance of metabolic nutrition, and why it should be part of a cancer patient's standard of care.
What you'll learn from this episode:
- What is metabolic nutrition?
- What should the basic makeup of your plate be?
- Jen's take on the term "plant-based" as well as the nuanced topics of caffeine, protein powders, & alcohol
- The top cancer-fighting foods
- The therapeutic benefits of fasting for cancer
- & Much more!
To learn more about WellnStrong:
How to identify the proper nutrition plan for a cancer patient?
What is a metabolic balance coach?
Nutritional strategy for patients with active cancer
The importance of addressing your terrain
Jen's take on a plant-based diet
What is GKI & why is it important?
Jen's preferred type of ketogenic diet
How stress can impact blood sugar levels
Protein powders: good or bad?
Jen's thoughts on alcohol consumption
How to safely practice fasting at home?
Jen's favorite client stories